Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A mixtape




I came across this new product from mixwit and couldn't help myself. You just logon and search for music to make up a "tape" to share.

I dedicate this one to John Robinson, Pat Burns, Steve Bagnall and all the others in my captive audience many years ago when I used to inflict my mixtapes on them during night shifts in a computer room now long defunct. In the spirit of those times there are at least three songs on here you'll never want to hear again.

There may be a fault in that half of track 2 seems to be missing. In fact, since I posted this I'm finding it is working very poorly here. How about you?

I'm not really "back", but I'll be looking up some old blogging friends in the next few days.

7 comments:

Vicus Scurra said...

We'll see about your not being back.

Betty said...

Oh man, I decided to look at your blog for the first time in ages today and you're here, but not apparently here. Some weird vibe, maan.

I suppose I'd better listen to the tape now, while I'm ironing.

Betty said...

The mixtape sounded okay on a second listen, after a few problems with Robert Wyatt wowing and fluttering (adds to the authenticity I suppose). Is Nana Mouskouri on of the three songs? I hope not.

Colin Davey said...

It has 11 songs on it, one of which is, begosh, by Nana Mouskouri.

Thank you for road testing this rubbish.

There's another site doing much the same thing. I'll give it a shot.

Betty said...

Umm, I meant "was Nana Mouskouri one of the three songs that you would never want to hear again?" I heard all eleven of the songs, and very good they were too.

Best to go now: I'm starting to look like a stalker.

Anonymous said...

Hello there... care to add your blog at KeywordDir.info?

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Manhole Covers

All those years ago I tried to tell you that manhole covers were interesting. I was Japanese at heart it seems. See?